|Below you will find an agenda for a particular meeting. The individual agenda items are available through the links below and are in PDF format. Both agendas and minutes are searchable.
Assembly of Government
Thursday, September 29, 2005
7:30 P.M., TOWN HALL BOARD ROOM
Watch and Hear Board Meeting (2hrs 44min; in 225kbps RealPlayer ™ format)
.PDF of this page
- Presentations on the Status of Affordable Housing in Orange County
- Affordable Housing Policies/Requirements in Chapel Hill, Orange County, Hillsborough, and Carrboro
- Update on the County's affordable housing plan in light of the last five years of construction - what does the ground show us?
- Are we meeting the needs and/or goals articulated in the 2005-2010 County plan?
- Defining County-Wide Goals
- Should there be a county-wide goal or percentage of increased affordable housing?
- How can we attain such a goal?
- Jointly Owned Governmental Land
- How do we develop affordable housing on those properties - example: 25 acres of the Greene Tract?
- What other avenues are there to develop the property?
- Mechanisms to Reach the Goal
- Agreed upon plan to implement in all jurisdictions involving actual numbers
- Use of low-income tax credit programs
- Use of more frugal/cheaper building alternatives
- Use of any other mechanism to maintain the affordable housing stock
- Rental vs. Ownership
- District Election of County Commissioners
- Solid Waste Issues